Dec 19 2015, UK: Intermorphic Ltd today releases Wotja 3 for iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch®.
Wotja is a deceptively simple reflective music system and generative music publishing and creativity system for fun, ideas, thinking, relaxation, sharing and peace. To it you just add text to make chilled-out, magical music. Wotja 3 includes the latest generation of Noatikl Music Engine (NME) for generative music generation and Partikl Sound Engine (PSE) for sound generation and represents a significant step forward in the generative music work trajectory started by Tim Cole and Pete Cole, Intermorphic co-founders, over 25 years ago with SSEYO.
Most important of all, however, is that Wotja 3 includes the ability to import Noatikl* files for use as a Custom Player or Backing. This means wotjas can now be seen as a new artform. The key changes include:
- Gorgeous new Players and Backings for more enjoyment.
- Improved sounds with revamped, integral, Partikl Sound Engine 3 (PSE 3), as is in Noatikl 3 / Mixtikl 7.
- Ability to Import/Export "Custom" Noatikl 3 Players and Backings (Noatikl 3 not included, available seperately) means you can create/share wotjas with totally custom generative music & sounds - great for creative expression! When sharing as Wotja URLs these are tagged with "WotjaPro".
- Custom colour that lets you set your own preferred background / text colour for your wotja - enhanced personsalisation!
- New Melody Composition factors - Start and Length - gives you more control over playback of the melody created by your text.
- When exporting to Twitter or Facebook the background image use by your wotja (if any) is appended to the message.
- Simpler, cleaner Full Screen mode and now easier to enter/leave it (tap Wotja in Edit Mode to enter it).
- Improved randomisation of Players and Backing tracks.
- New "Show Text?" toggle so that you can enjoy your wotja without seeing text.
Tim Cole and Pete Cole, the Intermorphic founders and brother team said “Wotja 3 is a big step on for Wotja. We've focused hard on improving the integral Partikl Sound Engine, have included gorgeous new Players and Backing that really take advantage of that work, and added support for Custom Player and Backing. That last thing has enormous potential and allows Wotja to become a generative music publishing system as well as a reflective music system. We hope you enjoy it and look forward to seeing what you can do with it!”
*Noatikl not included, available separately.
... END ...
Intermorphic Ltd develops creativity tools to allow people to "play with ideas". It was co-founded in 2007 by Tim Cole and Pete Cole. The multi BAFTA Award-winning Cole brothers ("the Coles") have a history in music software innovation: they co-founded SSEYO in 1990 and from then to 2001 they created and worked on the "SSEYO Koan Music Engine", a "Generative Music" system used by Brian Eno for his seminal 1996 "Generative Music 1". SSEYO Koan software was available for Windows, Mac and Windows Mobile and in a range of variants from Standalone to Audio Plugin to Web Browser Plugin. Following Tao Group's acquisition of SSEYO in 2001, the Coles created the intent Sound System (iSS) and "SSEYO miniMIXA", one of the world's first mobile music mixers. Intermorphic secured the IP rights to the iSS and SSEYO software in Q2 2008. Since then it has released "Noatikl Generative Music Composer" (the evolution to SSEYO Koan), "Mixtikl Generative Music Mixer", "Liptikl Cut-Up Text Editor", "Tiklbox Relaxing Generative Music" and "Wotja Reflective Generative Music System". Wotja 3 was released in 2016 and also included the Wotja 3 Watch App for Apple Watch™. In February 2017 the massively more powerful Wotja 4 superceeded Wotja 3.
Intermorphic, Wotja, Wotjapak, WJURL, Intermorphic Sound Engine, Intermorphic Music Engine, Intermorphic Text Engine, Intermorphic Pak, Noatikl, Liptikl, Optikl, Partikl, Mixtikl, Practikl, Tiklpak, Tiklbox, Tikltech and the Intermorphic, Wotja, Wotjapak, Intermorphic Sound Engine, Intermorphic Music Engine, Intermorphic Text Engine, Intermorphic Pak, Noatikl, Liptikl Optikl, Partikl, Mixtikl, Tiklbox, Tiklpak and Tikltech logos are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Intermorphic Ltd. in the UK and/or other countries. Wotja is a registered trademark of Intermorphic Ltd. in the EC, with Community Trade Mark Registration No. 012329199, and other countries. Other products mentioned may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies and are the sole property of their respective manufacturers.