Press > Release
Wotja 19 Generative Music System Arrives
New Wotja Product Cycle and Product Range
Jan 1st 2019, UK: Intermorphic Ltd today releases Wotja 19, the powerful and cross-platform Generative Music System for macOS®, Windows®, iOS® and Android®. This release marks the beginning of a major new Wotja product cycle to meet the needs of Generative Music Creators & Composers, Makers and Players who want to use their devices to create and/or generate live and personal generative music.
The Wotja Generative Music System
Wotja ( "wot-jah") is a unique & powerful generative music creator, lab and player system.
It creates live generative music, MIDI, melodies, cut-up text and beautiful ambient soundscapes.
With it you can find ideas & inspiration, have fun experimenting or even just relax!
Users say: "Great app, complex, deep and unique", "Simply the best", "Masterpiece"
What you can do with Wotja
- It's a Music Creator: Use generative music, text-to-music and randomization techniques for quick & interesting results
- It's a Music Lab: Experiment with adaptive, reflective & generative music composition, mixing, sound design and scripting
- It's a Music Player: Auto-generate or playlist beautiful ambient soundscapes for relaxation, reflection, meditation, sleep & mindfulness
- It's a Lyric Generator: Use the 'cut-up' technique to create ideas for song lyrics, haiku, poetry etc.
App Range for 2019
Wotja V19 is our app for 2019: There are 4 different versions available:
The Wotja 19 product cycle starts out with a number of new features and capabilities:
- New apps & Feature Sets/tiers
- 'Flow Player' mode for a succession of freshly generated mixes
- Powerful 'Randomization Schemes' to make it quick & easy to change the feel of automatic mixes (Flow, Boxes etc.)
- Macro Oscillator 1 Tone Generator in the ISE 19 sound engine
- Intermorphic Wotja Script
- Improved harmonisation in the IME 19 music engine
- 2 octave Rules (Scale, Harmony & Next Note) for greater creative freedom & experimentation
- BP4 Backings pak and 'TTM1 Players 2'; reworked 'TTM1 Players'
- Many new Sound and FX Presets
- 10 minute music play time in 'Free Mode' for Mix Editing, Flow mode, User 'Box' albums and then Built-In Albums 'Calm' & 'Relax'
- 'Flow Segment' in Documents screen to make it easy to select a Flow 'Randomization Scheme'
- "Wotja Go" player apps for Apple TV and Fire TV/Android TV
- File sorting options for the User segment of the Documents screen
- Multitasking support (Split View / Slide Over) in all Wotja apps on iPad
- Music Play Time Timeout (auto-stop) for the Wotja Go 19 generative music player app (all versions) increased from 1 hour to 8 hours
- Chinese and Japanese localizations (except in Mix Editing Mode)
- Many UI & usability improvements
Wotja uniquely marries generative music composition and sound design with a text 'Cut-up' capability, often used to come up with ideas for lyrics, haiku, poems, word combinations. It also includes a display generator for creating simple and visually appealing screensaver-like backgrounds. Wotja is therefore perfect for auto-generating mixes for its Flow Player or Album Player modes. These 'multi-media ' creations can be interesting and unique combinations of image, text and music.
It includes hundreds of generative music templates and it is a snap to start Flow Player mode. When using the more advanced Box or Pro Feature Sets it can take just a matter of seconds to (Box) create an automatic music mix or (Pro) make any desired mix adjustments (if any), generate a Cut-up text idea, add a photo background or automatic icon.
It can be used to simply generate and play relaxing ambient music. However, it can also be used as a deep music creativity app well suited to those that want to explore further and experiment with generative music composition and sound design.
Finally, Wotja doesn’t require that you are connected to the Internet for it to generate/play music*. As a music generator in its own right it composes its melodies and live music on your device and 'in the moment'. Wotja's music is thus personal and unique to you. It's Zen.
* The Subscription version periodically needs to check/maintain an active Subscription.
- General Information: https://intermorphic.com/wotja
- Download Links:
- Music Engine: Intermorphic Music Engine 19
- Sound Engine: Intermorphic Sound Engine 19
- Reflective Music: Reflective Music
... END ...
About Intermorphic (press contact):
Intermorphic Ltd was co-founded in 2007 by Tim Cole and Pete Cole. It develops music creativity & relaxation ("creative relaxation") apps that use generative, text-to-music & cut-up techniques.
The Cole brothers ("the Coles") have a history in music software innovation: they co-founded SSEYO in 1990 and from then to 2001 they created and worked on the BAFTA Award-winning "SSEYO Koan Interactivity Platform" which included the "Generative Music" engine used by Brian Eno for his seminal 1996 "Generative Music 1". SSEYO Koan software was available for Windows, Mac and Windows Mobile and in a range of variants from Standalone to Audio Plugin to Web Browser Plugin.
Following Tao Group's acquisition of SSEYO in 2001, the Coles created the intent Sound System (iSS) and BAFTA Award-winning "SSEYO miniMIXA", one of the world's first mobile music mixers. In 2007 it released both "Noatikl: Generative Music Composer" (the evolution to SSEYO Koan) and "Liptikl: Cut-Up Text Writer". In Q2 2008 Intermorphic secured the IP rights to the iSS and SSEYO software and in December 2008 released "Mixtikl: Generative Music Mixer" followed in 2012 by "Tiklbox: Generative Music Player".
After many years of updates to the forgoing apps and after much deliberation on the next step forward for Generative Music, the Coles decided that it was "Reflective Music". And so in 2014 along came the first of the releases of the "Wotja®: Generative Music System", an all-in-one 'Creator, Mixer, Lab & Player'. By 2017 the key authoring capabilities of Noatikl, Mixtikl and Liptikl had been fully consolidated into Wotja for iOS and macOS, including the playlisting of Tiklbox.
February 2018 saw the first release of "Wotja X", a cross-platform UI variant that finally allowed Wotja to be available for all of Windows, macOS, iOS and Android. By 2019 this had become the cornerstone of all further Wotja apps, including the Wotja interface for TV. In 2021 Wotja for iOS/macOS became a single App ID and an AUv3 Audio Unit Plug-in was added, as well as support for Apple silicon.
In 2022 support for AUv3/VST3 Plug-in Hosting was added and a Wotja VST3 Plug-in was created in addition to a new "Euclidian" Generator Type. Ever since its first release Wotja and its WME (Music), WAE (Audio), WSE (Script) and WTE (Text) engines have continued to be extended with many new features and improvements.
Intermorphic, Wotja, Intermorphic Music/Sound/Text/Script Engine, Wotja Pak, Noatikl, Mixtikl, Liptikl, Partikl, Tiklbox, Tiklpak, Tikltech and their corresponding logos are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Intermorphic Ltd. in the UK and/or other countries. Other products mentioned may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies and are the sole property of their respective manufacturers.
WOTJA (Wordmark) registered trademark nos: EU 012329199, US 4702614.