Press > Release
Noatikl 3 & Mixtikl 7
Powerful Generative Music Creativity Apps Now Sound Even Better
Nov 18 2015, UK: Intermorphic Ltd today releases Noatikl 3 Generative Music Composer and Mixtikl 7 Generative Music & Loop Mixer for macOS®, Windows®, iPhone®, iPad® iPod touch® and Android™ (Mixtikl 7 AZ/GP).
Noatikl and Mixtikl are two of the most powerful and deep generative music apps available today. They are the current manifestions of a generative music work trajectory started by Tim Cole and Pete Cole, Intermorphic co-founders, over 25 years ago with SSEYO.
At the core of both apps are the Noatikl Music Engine (NME) for generative music generation and the Partikl Sound Engine (PSE) for sound generation, driven by the NME. These new releases mainly concern changes to the PSE that both improve and extend the envelope for both apps when it comes to creating generative ambient, drone, relaxation music etc. The key changes include:
- Many gorgeous new templates that take advantage of the uprated Partikl Sound Engine 3 (PSE 3); New template Tiklpaks include: Ambiences, Arps, BellsGlasses, Drones, MelodicPads, Melodics, Strings, Weirdness, Windharps.
- Major PSE 3 enhancements:
- Now supports stereo and more advanced synth & fx networks, allowing richer & more interesting sonic capabilities and complete sound "presets"
- Network Editor and all 17 PSE Sound & FX unit UIs have been significantly reworked for much easier use, control and accessibility (iOS version)
- Greatly improved Wavetable Sound Unit now supports stereo SF2 (SoundFont) samples (up to 24bit), allows modulation of pitch, pan, amp, portamento parameters and has an integrated envelope editor (linear/log) - all useful for sound shaping e.g. nice smooth ambient sounds
- Improved the PSE-included IM SF2 wavetables with extended "IM Synths" and all new "IM NT3-MT7" = more sounds!
- Selectable "Tap to Edit" option in the PSE Network Editor helps to reduce the number of interactions required to make changes
- Amp and Pan controls added to several PSE Sound Units allowing more compact synth networks
- "Note on Random" option added to PSE LFO Unit to allow sample/hold style control
- Support for AudioBus 2 and Audiobus Remote Trigger and transport control (iOS versions)
- Option in Settings to show / hide the older, but still included, Noatikl 2 or Mixtikl 6 paks/templates
- Updated the file formats to accomodate the new PSE 3 capabilities
- All fixes that were included in the final NT2/MT6 updates
- Many minor UI improvements
- New icons
Tim Cole and Pete Cole, the Intermorphic founders and brother team said “Noatikl 3 and Mixtikl 7 are both big and important releases for us. We've focused hard on improving the integral Partikl Sound Engine, and have included many gorgeous new templates that really take advantage of that work. We hope you enjoy these apps!”
- General Information: http://intermorphic.com/noatikl
- User Guide: Noatikl 3 User Guide
- Examples: Demo recordings
- Noatikl 3 Mobile on YouTube: Quick Tutorial 1
- Noatikl 3 Mobile for iPad / iPhone / iPod touch in the App Store℠
- Noatikl 3 Desktop Standalone for macOS in the Mac App Store℠
- Noatikl 3 Desktop Standalone for Windows 10 (with 30 day trial) from the Intermorphic store
- Those purchasing a licence to use the Desktop equivalent are free to use the Noatikl 3 Desktop Audio Plug-in (VSTi) for Windows or Mixtikl 7 Desktop Audio Plug-ins (AUi) that is available for download from our website
- General Information: http://intermorphic.com/mixtikl
- User Guide: Mixtikl 7 User Guide
- Examples: Demo recordings
- Mixtikl 7 Mobile on YouTube: Quick Tutorial 2
- Mixtikl 7 Mobile for iPad / iPhone / iPod touch in the App Store℠
- Mixtikl 7 AZ for Android in the Amazon™ Appstore
- Mixtikl 7 GP for Android for free in the Google Play™ store
- Mixtikl 7 Desktop Standalone for macOS in the Mac App Store℠
- Mixtikl 7 Desktop Standalone for Windows 10 (with 30 day trial) from the Intermorphic store
- Those purchasing a licence to use the Desktop equivalent are free to use the Mixtikl 7 Desktop Audio Plug-in (VSTi) for Windows or Mixtikl 7 Desktop Audio Plug-ins (AUi) that is available for download from our website.
Note: Educational pricing is also available for products purchased via the Intermorphic store.
... END ...
About Intermorphic (press contact):
Intermorphic Ltd was co-founded in 2007 by Tim Cole and Pete Cole. It develops music creativity & relaxation ("creative relaxation") apps that use generative, text-to-music & cut-up techniques.
The Cole brothers ("the Coles") have a history in music software innovation: they co-founded SSEYO in 1990 and from then to 2001 they created and worked on the BAFTA Award-winning "SSEYO Koan Interactivity Platform" which included the "Generative Music" engine used by Brian Eno for his seminal 1996 "Generative Music 1". SSEYO Koan software was available for Windows, Mac and Windows Mobile and in a range of variants from Standalone to Audio Plugin to Web Browser Plugin.
Following Tao Group's acquisition of SSEYO in 2001, the Coles created the intent Sound System (iSS) and BAFTA Award-winning "SSEYO miniMIXA", one of the world's first mobile music mixers. In 2007 it released both "Noatikl: Generative Music Composer" (the evolution to SSEYO Koan) and "Liptikl: Cut-Up Text Writer". In Q2 2008 Intermorphic secured the IP rights to the iSS and SSEYO software and in December 2008 released "Mixtikl: Generative Music Mixer" followed in 2012 by "Tiklbox: Generative Music Player".
After many years of updates to the forgoing apps and after much deliberation on the next step forward for Generative Music, the Coles decided that it was "Reflective Music". And so in 2014 along came the first of the releases of the "Wotja®: Generative Music System", an all-in-one 'Creator, Mixer, Lab & Player'. By 2017 the key authoring capabilities of Noatikl, Mixtikl and Liptikl had been fully consolidated into Wotja for iOS and macOS, including the playlisting of Tiklbox.
February 2018 saw the first release of "Wotja X", a cross-platform UI variant that finally allowed Wotja to be available for all of Windows, macOS, iOS and Android. By 2019 this had become the cornerstone of all further Wotja apps, including the Wotja interface for TV. In 2021 Wotja for iOS/macOS became a single App ID and an AUv3 Audio Unit Plug-in was added, as well as support for Apple silicon.
In 2022 support for AUv3/VST3 Plug-in Hosting was added and a Wotja VST3 Plug-in was created in addition to a new "Euclidian" Generator Type. Ever since its first release Wotja and its WME (Music), WAE (Audio), WSE (Script) and WTE (Text) engines have continued to be extended with many new features and improvements.
Intermorphic, Wotja, Intermorphic Music/Sound/Text/Script Engine, Wotja Pak, Noatikl, Mixtikl, Liptikl, Partikl, Tiklbox, Tiklpak, Tikltech and their corresponding logos are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Intermorphic Ltd. in the UK and/or other countries. Other products mentioned may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies and are the sole property of their respective manufacturers.
WOTJA (Wordmark) registered trademark nos: EU 012329199, US 4702614.