Press > Release
Wotja 21: Generative Music System
January 30th 2020, UK: Intermorphic Ltd announces Wotja 21, the latest major version of the Wotja Generative Music System, an all-in-one 'Player & Composer Lab' for devices ranging from phones and tablet, to desktop PC and TVs.
The V21 product cycle will see many new features and capabilities being added and highlights so far include: support for both Text to Speech (TTS) and AirPlay 2; new Text & Display Properties and parameters; Full screen with camera background; dynamic audio device switching; a simplified business model with better pricing.
Tim Cole & Pete Cole, the Intermorphic founders and brother team said “Wotja 21 already represents a major advance over Wotja 20 and we are looking forward to making yet further improvements in the V21 product cycle. We hope to see and hear videos of what you make with it!”.
Wotja is for iOS®, macOS®, Windows®, Android®, tvOS® and Fire OS® and with a companion control app available for watchOS®. Wotja V21.0.0 was released Jan 1st 2021.
Wotja is a unique & regularly updated "Generative Music System" with nearly 30 years of continuous development.
A powerful all-in-one generative music "Creator, Mixer, Lab & Player", it generates awesome results and rewards curiosity & experimentation.
Create, craft & mix your own live ambient music, chill backgrounds, lush drones, soundscapes, melodies, ideas, 'text to music', beats, MIDI + so much more… for e.g ideas, fun, relaxation, installations, podcasts, videos, CDs & DVDs - or, with just one tap, play live 'flows' of relaxing background music.
Wotja ( "watch-ah" [Siri "Woa-chah"]) is available as both a free & paid-for App & AU3/AUv3 Audio Unit Plugin.
Recordings made with a Pro Feature Set can be used for Commercial Use.
Wotja Users say: "Essential music app", "Nothing compares", "Masterpiece", "A gem", "Incredible, fantastic, wonderful, inspiring", "Simply the best ambient app ever made!"
What's New in Wotja 21 at launch (V21.0.0)...
See also the V21 release notes.
- Even Simpler (Apple): Wotja Pro 21 is now just one purchase for use on all supported Apple devices (iOS + macOS + tvOS + watchOS (the Apple "Bundle").
- Even Better Value (Apple): The Apple Bundle regular price is quite a bit less compared to V20 pricing for all Apple apps.
- Even Better Value (Windows): Early in the V21 product cycle Windows users can save compared to V20 app pricing.
- Even Better Value (All): Our much improved and simplified V21 Business Model permits [with a few EULA exceptions] Commercial use of Recordings with a Pro Feature Set - a Special Options Subscription is no longer required.
- Even Better Value (All): Our much improved and simplified V21 Business Model permits [with a few EULA exceptions] Commercial Live Use ('CLU') of ONE instance of Wotja 21 with a Pro Feature Set - a Special Options Subscription is no longer required for that.
- Need more instances? See How to be licensed to use additional instances of Wotja 21 for CLU.
Main New V21 Features / Capabilities
- NEW (Apple only): Wotja now supports Text to Speech (TTS), requiring iOS 13+, macOS 10.14+, tvOS 14+.
- NEW (Apple only): Wotja now supports ARM silicon (Mac).
- NEW Included Content: More palettes + all now have some transparency.
- New Included Content: Improved Randomisation Schemes (RS).
- New Included Content (Apple Free versions): New Included Albums (T0-T4) can be opened with the relevent active Special Options (SO) Subscription T0-T4. Example: SO:T2 can open T2, T1 and T0 albums. Contents subject to change.
- NEW for Text Mode: Text Properties screen & Text Mode layout improvements.
- NEW for Text Mode: Import Text Sections from clipboard.
- NEW for Text Mode: Cut-up Mode: Edit Text (no cut-up).
- NEW for Display Mode/Visuals: Display Properties screen & Display Mode layout improvements.
- NEW for Display Mode/Visuals: Use SVG in mixes.
- NEW for Display Mode/Visuals: Lattice visualizer.
- NEW for Randomisation Schemes (RS): New settings (these can be used in Flows and also get saved to mixes): Text to Speech (many options)[relevant only for Apple devices], Text for Source #0, Cut-up Mode, Use Words, Custom Text Rule, Word Mix, Saved Section Text, Saved Text Random Sequence, Visualizer.
- NEW in the Wotja System: Auto-open full screen.
- NEW in the Wotja System: ISE Output volume.
- MORE: Many more improvements - see the release history.
Wotja 21: Further Information
- General Information: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/21
- Downloads: Wotja Downloads
- User Reviews: Wotja User Reviews
- Documentation: Wotja User Guide
- Music Engine: Intermorphic Music Engine (IME)
- Sound Engine: Intermorphic Sound Engine (ISE)
- Script Engine: Intermorphic Wotja Script (IWS)
- InMo Music: InMo Music
- Reflective Music: Reflective Music
... END ...
About Intermorphic (press contact):
Intermorphic Ltd was co-founded in 2007 by Tim Cole and Pete Cole. It develops music creativity & relaxation ("creative relaxation") apps that use generative, text-to-music & cut-up techniques.
The Cole brothers ("the Coles") have a history in music software innovation: they co-founded SSEYO in 1990 and from then to 2001 they created and worked on the BAFTA Award-winning "SSEYO Koan Interactivity Platform" which included the "Generative Music" engine used by Brian Eno for his seminal 1996 "Generative Music 1". SSEYO Koan software was available for Windows, Mac and Windows Mobile and in a range of variants from Standalone to Audio Plugin to Web Browser Plugin.
Following Tao Group's acquisition of SSEYO in 2001, the Coles created the intent Sound System (iSS) and BAFTA Award-winning "SSEYO miniMIXA", one of the world's first mobile music mixers. In 2007 it released both "Noatikl: Generative Music Composer" (the evolution to SSEYO Koan) and "Liptikl: Cut-Up Text Writer". In Q2 2008 Intermorphic secured the IP rights to the iSS and SSEYO software and in December 2008 released "Mixtikl: Generative Music Mixer" followed in 2012 by "Tiklbox: Generative Music Player".
After many years of updates to the forgoing apps and after much deliberation on the next step forward for Generative Music, the Coles decided that it was "Reflective Music". And so in 2014 along came the first of the releases of the "Wotja®: Generative Music System", an all-in-one 'Creator, Mixer, Lab & Player'. By 2017 the key authoring capabilities of Noatikl, Mixtikl and Liptikl had been fully consolidated into Wotja for iOS and macOS, including the playlisting of Tiklbox.
February 2018 saw the first release of "Wotja X", a cross-platform UI variant that finally allowed Wotja to be available for all of Windows, macOS, iOS and Android. By 2019 this had become the cornerstone of all further Wotja apps, including the Wotja interface for TV. In 2021 Wotja for iOS/macOS became a single App ID and an AUv3 Audio Unit Plug-in was added, as well as support for Apple silicon.
In 2022 support for AUv3/VST3 Plug-in Hosting was added and a Wotja VST3 Plug-in was created in addition to a new "Euclidian" Generator Type. Ever since its first release Wotja and its WME (Music), WAE (Audio), WSE (Script) and WTE (Text) engines have continued to be extended with many new features and improvements.
Intermorphic, Wotja, Intermorphic Music/Sound/Text/Script Engine, Wotja Pak, Noatikl, Mixtikl, Liptikl, Partikl, Tiklbox, Tiklpak, Tikltech and their corresponding logos are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Intermorphic Ltd. in the UK and/or other countries. Other products mentioned may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies and are the sole property of their respective manufacturers.
WOTJA (Wordmark) registered trademark nos: EU 012329199, US 4702614.