Press > Release
Wotja 21: Generative Music System
March 17th 2020, UK: Intermorphic Ltd announces the Wotja 21 AUv3 Audio Unit Plug-in for iOS and macOS, a powerful addition to the capabilities of the Wotja Generative Music System - a unique all-in-one 'Player & Composer Lab'.
The arrival of the Wotja 21 AUv3 Audio Unit Plug-in in V21.5.0 means that Wotja - with full editing UI - can easily be used in an AUv3 host-supporting app. The Wotja Plug-in can be used as a music generator (audio) or MIDI music generator or even both at once, perhaps using it to generate beautiful ambient drones and Text to Speech whilst you use its MIDI to drive various 3rd party synths.
Examples of such AUv3 hosts on macOS include Apple's Logic Pro and Mainstage and on iOS include AUM, Cubasis 3 and Apple's GarageBand.
MIDI routing in the Wotja 21 AUv3 is possible via Core MIDI on iOS and Core / Virtual MIDI on macOS.
Tim Cole & Pete Cole, the Intermorphic founders and brother team said “The Wotja V21 product cycle has already seen many new features and capabilities being added. An AUv3 Plug-in was something we always hoped we might one day be able to do but could just never see happening. It finally became a possibility, but was still a huge amount of work to do, once we had transitioned to using the JUCE 6 porting layer for V21 from JUCE 5 used in earlier versions. We hope you enjoy it!”
Wotja 21 is for iOS®, macOS®, Windows®, Android®, tvOS® and Fire OS® and with a companion control app available for watchOS®. Wotja V21.0.0 was released Jan 1st 2021.
Wotja is a unique & regularly updated "Generative Music System" with nearly 30 years of continuous development.
A powerful all-in-one generative music "Creator, Mixer, Lab & Player", it generates awesome results and rewards curiosity & experimentation.
Create, craft & mix your own live ambient music, chill backgrounds, lush drones, soundscapes, melodies, ideas, 'text to music', beats, MIDI + so much more… for e.g ideas, fun, relaxation, installations, podcasts, videos, CDs & DVDs - or, with just one tap, play live 'flows' of relaxing background music.
Wotja ( "watch-ah" [Siri "Woa-chah"]) is available as both a free & paid-for App & AU3/AUv3 Audio Unit Plugin.
Recordings made with a Pro Feature Set can be used for Commercial Use.
Wotja Users say: "Essential music app", "Nothing compares", "Masterpiece", "A gem", "Incredible, fantastic, wonderful, inspiring", "Simply the best ambient app ever made!"
What's New so far in Wotja 21 (V21.5.0)...
See also the V21 release notes.
- Even Simpler (Apple): Wotja Pro 21 is now just one purchase for use on all supported Apple devices (iOS + macOS + tvOS + watchOS (the Apple "Bundle").
- Even Better Value (Apple): The Apple Bundle regular price is quite a bit less compared to V20 pricing for all Apple apps.
- Even Better Value (Windows): Early in the product cycle Windows users can save compared to V20 app pricing.
- Even Better Value (All): Our much improved and simplified V21 Business Model permits [with a few EULA exceptions] Commercial use of Recordings with a Pro Feature Set - a Special Options Subscription is no longer required.
- Even Better Value (All): Our much improved and simplified V21 Business Model permits [with a few EULA exceptions] Commercial Live Use ('CLU') of ONE instance of Wotja 21 with a Pro Feature Set - a Special Options Subscription is no longer required for that.
- Need more instances? See How to be licensed to use additional instances of Wotja 21 for CLU.
Main New V21 Features / Capabilities
- NEW (Apple only): A Wotja AUv3 Audio Unit Plug-in is now included in the iOS and macOS versions!
- NEW Included Content: IM Drums & IM E-Perc SF2 improved/extended and SF2 processing changed to allow melodies to be used to generate percussion (try using Text to Music for IDM - it's fun!).
- NEW for ISE: ISE Audio Meter/Scope to make sound design easier the Synth & FX Editor.
- NEW for ISE: ISE Unit "Bypass?" toggles to make sound design easier (e.g. in the MO1 Unit).
- NEW for ISE: "Zero" option in Controller/Junction Scale slider popup menu to make sound design easier.
- NEW (iOS/macOS): Wotja can now play via AirPlay 2 meaning it can play on Apple HomePods.
- NEW (iOS): Wotja is now a "Now Playable" app which also means play can be controlled by Siri, this being useful for hands-free control over playback.
- NEW (All): Dynamic audio device switching - this means a Wotja restart is no longer needed if Audio Sample Rate, Audio Block Size/Audio Block Count (mobile versions only) or Audio Output Device (desktop versions only) settings are changed.
- NEW (iOS/Windows only): "Full Screen with Camera Background" mode selectable in Flow Player Action menu, Playlist Player Action menu and Mix Display Mode Action menu lets you use your camera to provide a live video background for your flow/album/mix.
- NEW (Apple only): Wotja now supports Text to Speech (TTS), requiring iOS 13+, macOS 10.14+, tvOS 14+.
- NEW (Apple only): Wotja now supports ARM silicon (Mac).
- NEW Included Content: More palettes + all now have some transparency.
- New Included Content: Improved Randomisation Schemes (RS).
- New Included Content (Apple Free versions): New Included Albums (T0-T4) can be opened with the relevent active Special Options (SO) Subscription T0-T4. Example: SO:T2 can open T2, T1 and T0 albums. Contents subject to change.
- NEW for Text Mode: Text Properties screen & Text Mode layout improvements.
- NEW for Text Mode: Import Text Sections from clipboard.
- NEW for Text Mode: Cut-up Mode: Edit Text (no cut-up).
- NEW for Display Mode/Visuals: Display Properties screen & Display Mode layout improvements.
- NEW for Display Mode/Visuals: Use SVG in mixes.
- NEW for Display Mode/Visuals: Lattice visualizer.
- NEW for Randomisation Schemes (RS): New settings (these can be used in Flows and also get saved to mixes): Text to Speech (many options)[relevant only for Apple devices], Text for Source #0, Cut-up Mode, Use Words, Custom Text Rule, Word Mix, Saved Section Text, Saved Text Random Sequence, Visualizer.
- NEW in the Wotja System: Auto-open full screen.
- NEW in the Wotja System: ISE Output volume.
- MORE: Many more improvements - see the release history.
Wotja 21: Further Information
- General Information: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/21
- Downloads: Wotja Downloads
- Releases: Wotja Releases
- User Reviews: Wotja User Reviews
- Documentation: Wotja User Guide
- Music Engine: Intermorphic Music Engine (IME)
- Sound Engine: Intermorphic Sound Engine (ISE)
- Script Engine: Intermorphic Wotja Script (IWS)
- InMo Music: InMo Music
- Reflective Music: Reflective Music
... END ...
About Intermorphic (press contact):
Intermorphic Ltd was co-founded in 2007 by Tim Cole and Pete Cole. It develops music creativity & relaxation ("creative relaxation") apps that use generative, text-to-music & cut-up techniques.
The Cole brothers ("the Coles") have a history in music software innovation: they co-founded SSEYO in 1990 and from then to 2001 they created and worked on the BAFTA Award-winning "SSEYO Koan Interactivity Platform" which included the "Generative Music" engine used by Brian Eno for his seminal 1996 "Generative Music 1". SSEYO Koan software was available for Windows, Mac and Windows Mobile and in a range of variants from Standalone to Audio Plugin to Web Browser Plugin.
Following Tao Group's acquisition of SSEYO in 2001, the Coles created the intent Sound System (iSS) and BAFTA Award-winning "SSEYO miniMIXA", one of the world's first mobile music mixers. In 2007 it released both "Noatikl: Generative Music Composer" (the evolution to SSEYO Koan) and "Liptikl: Cut-Up Text Writer". In Q2 2008 Intermorphic secured the IP rights to the iSS and SSEYO software and in December 2008 released "Mixtikl: Generative Music Mixer" followed in 2012 by "Tiklbox: Generative Music Player".
After many years of updates to the forgoing apps and after much deliberation on the next step forward for Generative Music, the Coles decided that it was "Reflective Music". And so in 2014 along came the first of the releases of the "Wotja®: Generative Music System", an all-in-one 'Creator, Mixer, Lab & Player'. By 2017 the key authoring capabilities of Noatikl, Mixtikl and Liptikl had been fully consolidated into Wotja for iOS and macOS, including the playlisting of Tiklbox.
February 2018 saw the first release of "Wotja X", a cross-platform UI variant that finally allowed Wotja to be available for all of Windows, macOS, iOS and Android. By 2019 this had become the cornerstone of all further Wotja apps, including the Wotja interface for TV. In 2021 Wotja for iOS/macOS became a single App ID and an AUv3 Audio Unit Plug-in was added, as well as support for Apple silicon.
In 2022 support for AUv3/VST3 Plug-in Hosting was added and a Wotja VST3 Plug-in was created in addition to a new "Euclidian" Generator Type. Ever since its first release Wotja and its WME (Music), WAE (Audio), WSE (Script) and WTE (Text) engines have continued to be extended with many new features and improvements.
Intermorphic, Wotja, Intermorphic Music/Sound/Text/Script Engine, Wotja Pak, Noatikl, Mixtikl, Liptikl, Partikl, Tiklbox, Tiklpak, Tikltech and their corresponding logos are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Intermorphic Ltd. in the UK and/or other countries. Other products mentioned may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies and are the sole property of their respective manufacturers.
WOTJA (Wordmark) registered trademark nos: EU 012329199, US 4702614.