May 29th 2020: V20.6.0 (iOS/macOS)/20.5.3 (old macOS app)
- FIXED: Issue where auto-renewed Subscriptions weren't picked-up from the App Store (we hope it is now truly fixed - please let us know if it isn't!)
- IMPROVED: Wotja Pro LE iOS Subscriptions now work with the (new v20.6.0) Wotja Pro LE macOS version; both iOS and macOS apps now share the same App ID and In-App Subscriptions!
- See: Wotja Pro LE for macOS: How do I transition from V20.5.3 or earlier to V20.6.0+?
- In a week or so we will be removing from sale (now done) the existing V20.5.3 Wotja Pro LE for macOS app and all of its In-App Subscriptions (meaning those will just lapse at their renewal date but feel free to cancel them if you prefer to), giving you time to transition to the new v20.6.0 app (see the transition instructions) leaving just the new V20.6.0 Wotja Pro LE for macOS app on the Mac App Store (it has the same App ID as the iOS one now - our download buttons now link to this new version).
- If you already have a Pro LX Feature Set Subscription for the iOS version (e.g. "Pro LX (iOS)") then this is now just called "Pro LX" as it functions in both iOS and macOS versions of Wotja Pro LE (V20.6+). We are grandfathering the price of these until Jan 1st 2021, meaning if you also had a "Pro LX (macOS)" Subscription you will be able to cancel that and save quite a bit over the remainder of this year (we would of course love it if you could get a Super-fan Subscription to make up the difference, but you don't have to).
- The new dual "Pro LX" Subscription price is, at least until Jan 1st 2021, the same as the old macOS Subscription price, so if you only used the macOS version it will cost you the same as before.
- FIXED: The LE/LX button text didn't auto-update when In-App Subscription status was detected as changed.
May 23rd 2020: V20.5.2
- UPDATE: Sorry, but this does not yet seem to have fixed the issue :(, we'll have to try again - thankyou for your patience!
- FIXED (Wotja Pro LE iOS/macOS): Recent issue with In-App Subscriptions where they were not being restored correctly (sorry!).
- OTHER (Wotja Go iOS/macOS): Bug fixes.
May 15th 2020: V20.5.1
- CHANGED (Wotja Pro LE iOS/macOS): The In-App Subscription previously referred to as "S" or "Pro S" is now referred to as "LX" or "Pro LX" (there is NO change to capability however, it works just as before); this is to make the Feature Set In-App Subscription clearer.
- IMPROVED: Removed the "Info" button from the Wotja Pro Settings screens and moved the items to a new "Info" section in the General segment; this makes it easier to find the version number and some help links.
- IMPROVED: A number of alert messages and localisations.
- FIXED: If the display language (locale) was set to Japanese or Chinese the lyric engine did not correctly disable the "EOL Rhyme" settings which was in some cases preventing cut-up text generation.
- FIXED (Wotja Go for Windows): Wotja Go was sharing preference settings with the Wotja Pro versions.
May 12th 2020: V20.5.0
- NEW: Wotja Go is released! It is our totally free generator of relaxing generative music, with no timeout and no strings attached. Available for iOS, macOS, Windows and Android (Google Play version coming soon).
- CHANGED: The free version of Wotja is now called "Wotja Pro LE". It may have a new icon and name, but everything works exactly as it did before including the Subscription options. We made the change to better reflect that, until unlocked, it is really a 'Lite' version of a 'Pro' creativity tool. To complement this change in emphasis we've created a new free player app called "Wotja Go" which has no timeout. It contains a number of Flow Schemes and Albums but has no editing capabilities - check it out!
- IMPROVED: Replaced the Toolbox button above the FX column with a Grid button; it has a pop-up menu that makes it easier A) to access Cell Actions, B) to change between 1 cell/1 column/4 column grid views (was previously done via the Action menu) and C) to show/hide Generator Editor panel option (moved from the Voice Cell pop-up menu).
- IMPROVED: When a cell is selected for second time, rather than showing template browser, we instead show a pop-up menu with all relevant Cell Actions in it.
- IMPROVED: Wotja Script editor - enabled syntax highlighting for all keywords in ECMAScript 5.1 (e.g. "const").
- IMPROVED: Playlist/Flow Players - mix/scheme names no longer truncated on smaller mobile devices.
- IMPROVED: Labels/filenames should now be easier to read.
- FIXED: Issue related to strange font display on HighSierra macOS.
- FIXED: Changed "Fixed Pattern" to "Pattern" and "Repeat Bar" to "Repeat" in the "Add Generator of Type" menu.
- FIXED: Rare crash with Following voices.
- OTHER: Many other minor fixes and improvements.
May 2nd 2020: V20.4.6
- IMPROVED: The Cell Playing Indicator will now display as grey, rather than green (or the cell lock colour), when a track is muted or muted or by virtue of another track(s) being soloed.
- IMPROVED: In the Record tab the Refresh button has be replaced with an Action button that includes options for Refresh and Help & More.
- IMPROVED: The Randomization screen in Settings has been tidied up a bit; the "Auto Boxes" group is now at the bottom and the Screensaver Palette/Graphic/Text settings have been moved to the "General/Mix" group; the Ramp Up/Down and Duration Min/Max settings have been likewise moved and they now also apply to a new auto mix.
- FIXED: Labelling of items on RHS of Scale Rules/Harmony Rules in Scale/Harmony Rule Editor.
- FIXED: Renamed "Phyrgian" to "Phrygian" in Scale Rule Editor “Add” button.
Apr 25th 2020: V20.4.4
- IMPROVED (Android): Allow install to Storage Card.
- FIXED (Android): Issue where a button could have a background colour after selection.
- IMPROVED: Terminology related to names/naming related to Generators of type "Pattern", Pattern types, Pattern List and related menu options; "sub-patterns" are now called "patterns" too - it should all feel a lot clearer now.
- IMPROVED: Pattern List Editor now has a Delete menu item, more clearly named menu options and a new pattern "1 Bar - Whole Note (B)".
- FIXED: Pattern List Editor behaviour for Add menu "Syncopated" item.
- FIXED: Pattern Editor behaviour for "Randomize" Action menu item.
- IMPROVED: Text layout and font size in Sliders to make better use of the available space.
Apr 17th 2020: V20.4.3
- FIXED (iOS/macOS): Issue related to routing of MIDI data to Wotja's virtual MIDI Track ports (which are numbered 1 through 12).
- FIXED (iOS): Potential crash showing alerts and menus, introduced in Wotja iOS 20.4.2 (sorry!).
Apr 16th 2020: V20.4.2
- FIXED (macOS): Issue introduced in 20.4.1 that prevented Wotja starting on High Sierra (macOS 10.13.6) and Sierra (macOS 10.12.6) - sorry!
- FIXED (iOS): Rare crash.
Apr 13th 2020: V20.4.1
- NEW: All new graphical Pattern Editor for note patterns makes it MUCH easier now to use patterns of all types (Both [B], Rhythm [R], Fixed Frequency [F] and Sequence [S]), plus...
- - Allows the Generator’s TTM (Text to Music) melody pattern (if available) to be imported into the Pattern Editor for editing.
- - Without leaving the editor, allows a Generator to be forced to create a new Cut-up (this generates a new melody if the Text to Music Cut-up Rule is correctly configured).
- - You can still edit text pattern strings if you want to, too!
- IMPROVED: Pattern Editor list:
- - Renamed "Presets" to "Sub Patterns".
- - Each item now has a big "Edit" button - press to show the editor for that Sub-Pattern
- - Text strings identified as "Both", "Forced Frequency", "Rhythm only", "Sequence" making it easier to understand what they all are.
- - Many other improvements.
- IMPROVED: TTM Text Editor has new menu options to:
- - Export the generated melody to the clipboard as a Sub-Pattern.
- - Set the Patterns parameter directly from the editor
- FIXED: Playlist screen issues where the Player toolbar went missing and when returning to Playlist from Mix Overrides it would return to FullScreen instead.
- FIXED (Android/Windows): Rule Editor "Add" menu now displays the pop-up list correctly.
- FIXED (iOS): Crash on iOS which occurred if you had set the app to use iCloud and restarted it having used the iOS Settings menu to turn-off iCloud.
Mar 23rd 2020: V20.3.7
- FIXED (Mac/Windows/Android): Enabled MIDI Clock sending
- FIXED (Android/Windows): Pop-up menus are now better positioned on screen
- IMPROVED (Windows/Mac): When in Full screen display we don't highlight when the mouse moves over the display area
- IMPROVED: In Text Mode, removed an extra blank line at the end of Text exported via the Action Menu in "Cut-Up & Edit"
- FIXED: Typo "Empty Mix (Cup-Up Text)" is now "Empty Mix (Cut-Up Text)"
- CHANGED: In Mix Rules "Use Section Text" is now "Use Saved Text"
- CHANGED: In Text Mode "Edit & Cut-Up" is now "Cut-Up & Edit"
Mar 17th 2020: V20.3.6
- NEW: Action menu item "All Saved Text to Clipboard" in the Text tab
- NEW (Windows): Action menu item for full screen support from Display tab and Flow/Playlist Players
- IMPROVED: Better text positioning and sizing in relation to the Wotja Watermark in Full Screen display
- IMPROVED: Smoothness of text fading when auto-changing displayed text
- IMPROVED: Action menu items in the Text tab now refer to as "Text" instead of "Cut-up"
- FIXED: Rare crash soon after closing/discarding a mix
Mar 11th 2020: V20.3.5
- NEW: Options for Full Screen display have been added to the Flow player and Playlist player Action menus.
- FIXED: Removed an unwanted line at the top of the screen that was visible in Full Screen display.
- FIXED (Desktop): Removed an unwanted outer border when in Full Screen display.
- FIXED (iOS): Rare crash related to audio stopping.
- FIXED (iOS/Android): Removed duplicate items in the Display Action menu.
Mar 10th 2020: V20.3.4
- IMPROVED: For those interested in creating & sharing videos we've added several "Full Screen" (mobile) / "Full Window" (desktop) items to the Display tab Action menu; in the Desktop versions we have also added several "Resize content area" menu items to the Window menu.
- IMPROVED: In the General segment in Settings there is a new toggle "Show Watermark" (Default: On); this can be toggled only in the Pro Feature Set.
- IMPROVED: Renamed "Mix" tab to "Music" to make it clearer what this tab is about.
- FIXED: When adding to a Cell one of the BP00 Drum Templates the pattern strings were incorrectly being set to "100 B 240 1".
- FIXED (iOS only): If your device is running out of memory when recording a video in the Record tab we now display an alert and automatically stop recording, as well as clearing-up the temporary storage used to create the recording.
- IMPROVED (macOS only): Removed unnecessary single-pixel border around outer app window.
Mar 4th 2020: V20.3.3
- IMPROVED: When the "Auto Pan Background Image" toggle in Settings is set to "Off" we now display the background image as aspect filled (i.e. with no extra size added for drift padding).
- IMPROVED (iOS): Video recording is now up to 4 times faster.
- IMPROVED (tvOS): Text fade in/out is now supported.
- FIXED: If the Recording tab was left while a "mixdown" recording was in progress the progress bar could remain on screen.
- FIXED: When a recording was made of a mix that had full stop characters then file information was removed from the mix recording name.
- FIXED: An issue where some document names might have been localized unexpectedly.
- FIXED (iOS): Rare issue where files were not displaying in Documents when saving Mixes from Boxes, or Templates from Mixes, or Recordings.
Feb 27th 2020: V20.3.2 (iOS/macOS)
- FIXED: Video recording issue where the text didn't change if using sequentially displayed saved text sections (oops!).
- CHANGED: "Icon" renamed to "Screensaver" in Randomization Schemes.
- CHANGED: Removed duplicate "About" menu item from "Help" menu.
Feb 26th 2020: V20.3.1
Note: Windows/Android: Includes changes in 20.3.1 below.
- FIXED: Direct editing of LFO/Oscillator frequency via Edit.
Feb 25th 2020: V20.3.0
Note: Windows/Android release became V20.3.1 which includes the below.
- NEW FEATURE: "Use Saved Text" (Default: Off) checkbox in Mix Rules that allows Wotja to sequentially display text from a mix's Saved Text sections; perfect for mixes where you want to convey meaning to aid reflection e.g. poetry, micro-stories, messages etc.
- NEW FEATURE (Creator apps): Text Display Settings "Text Display Duration/Range" and "Display Fade In/Out" sliders in Settings to control fade in/out of text.
- NEW FEATURE: "Auto Pan Background Image" (Default: On) checkbox in Settings to allow background images to auto-pan when a mix plays (Mix Display tab, Mix Boxes etc.).
- NEW FEATURE (iOS, macOS): Video recordings now include animation, text fading and auto-panning - great for sharing.
- NEW FEATURE (iOS, macOS): A "Video Recording Size" option in Settings (NB: Recordings featuring a background image do take a *long time* to create).
- IMPROVED: Settings screen now split into into 3 segments (General / Audio MIDI+ / Randomization).
- IMPROVED: Tapping the Pattern editing text field now takes you to a full screen editor; new lines are removed automatically when you press "OK".
- IMPROVED (iOS): .wotjabox files can now be loaded from an email attachment.
- IMPROVED (iOS, macOS): An audio recording is no longer left behind when you make a video recording.
- IMPROVED (macOS/Windows/Android): When browsing for a background image in the Display tab we no longer shrink the selected image (this can make mix sizes much larger; if you want smaller mixes reduce the size of the image before adding to your mix).
- IMPROVED: Saved Text Section and Controller/Junction table views now makes it clear which row is highlighted.
- FIXED: Note clustering for TTM voices when auto-changing text and TTM Repeats is set to 1 and "Improvise after Tune" is off.
- FIXED: Apply correct Cut-up Rule when using "Edit Text" button.
- FIXED: When exporting from Flow to Box, do not display ".wotjalist" in the alert.
- FIXED (iOS): .wotja or .wotjabox files in the iCloud Downloads folder can now be opened in Wotja via a tap or Select > Action > "Open in Wotja".
- FIXED (iOS): Display artefact when adding a background image in Display tab.
- FIXED (iOS): Potential crash on stopping playback.
- FIXED (iOS, macOS) Potential crash on closing mix immediately after making a video recording.
- FIXED (iOS, macOS): Potential crash on closing mix while video recording running.
- FIXED: Issue where tapping the action button in the Text main segment always added a new Saved Text section if there were no Sections.
- FIXED: Delete the focused Controller/Junction item.
- CHANGED: Renamed "Cut-Up" tab to "Text" and in the Text screen changed "Create" to "Edit & Cut-Up".
- CHANGED: Mix Rule "Automatic Cut-up Change" to "Automatic Text Change".
- CHANGED(iOS, macOS): Removed the option to "Create Video" from the audio recording pop-up menus.
- CHANGED: Other minor changes.
Feb 10th 2020: V20.2.5 (Android) (iOS/macOS/Windows)
- FIXED: Occasional crash when making a recording
- FIXED (GP version): Occasional crash on loading
Feb 10th 2020: V20.2.3 (iOS/macOS/Windows) / V20.2.4 (Android GP)
- FIXED: Templates from "BP20 Drones 1" Template Pak had stopped playing correctly in mixes (sorry!); no change to mixes is required and we've updated this and 2 older Drone paks to use Scale / Harmony Rule names of "Drone"
- FIXED: Inter-cell external MIDI event timing issue
- FIXED: Duplication of MIDI events sent to MIDI device
- FIXED: Controller modulating Scale of Amplifier was wrongly having a side-effect on Pan
- FIXED (iOS only): When using local documents "Add New…" did not auto-open the document
- IMPROVED: Display Language selection (Settings > Info > Display Language > System/English/Chinese/Japanese) is now saved across sessions
- IMPROVED: Preview of a Template List item is now indicated with a green tint
- IMPROVED: Added Action menu item "Edit Full Screen" in FX Network Editor screen
- IMPROVED: Add New > "Cut-Up Text (Empty Mix)" reworded to "Empty Mix (Cut-Up Text)" and now opens in the Mix screen
- FIXED (macOS only): Could not open a .noatikl file outside of the Wotja Folder
- FIXED: Crash in "Add New > Mix (from Clipboard)" where nothing suitable was found in the Clipboard
- FIXED: Occasional crashes in "Add New > Mix" and when previewing in Template List
- IMPROVED: New popup message when there are insufficient free MIDI channels available to permit addition of a Generator or to allow Cell Merge or Replace (e.g. from Template browser, Clipboard etc.)
- IMPROVED: Rule names are now case sensitive
- IMPROVED: Thinner scrollbar!
Feb 5th 2020: V20.2.2
- NEW (macOS only): Implemented Wotja URL ('WJURL') opening
Feb 4th 2020: V20.2.1
- NEW: Under-the-hood support for application/vnd.koan MIME Type makes it easy to play & share a Wotja mix file when the .wotja file extension is changed to .skd
- NEW: Support for importing legacy SSEYO Koan SKD files
- NEW: MIDI Setting toggles to enable/disable MIDI Start/Stop Events ('Send Start/Stop Events') and enable/disable MIDI Controller Events ('Send Controller Events')
- FIXED: MIDI events no longer sent to MIDI devices when making a recording
- FIXED (iOS): Wotja mix files can now load from email attachments
- FIXED (iOS): Wotja URLs (WJURL) can now open Wotja
- FIXED (Android): Intermittent crash when stopping playback
- FIXED: Bug in ‘F’ pattern handling; duration of 0 should have played the ‘root’ note, but was treated incorrectly as a rest
- FIXED: Issues with Following voices and Chording Strategy Semitone Shift
- FIXED: Crash when using Video animation overlay in some cases
- FIXED: Restored two missing EMod sliders in DSynth unit editor
- IMPROVED: Auto-open file after 'Add New' action or if shared file is loaded in Wotja
- IMPROVED: If Sleep Timer setting is changed whist Wotja is play playing the stop and restart play
- IMPROVED: Preview of a recording is now indicated with a green tint
- IMPROVED: Stop preview in Recording screen when user leaves the Recording tab, changes the Segment control at the top or presses the 'Record' button
- IMPROVED: Stop a mix playing if Preview pressed in Recordings
- IMPROVED: Reduced width of scrollbar and reduced Parameter Group font size
- IMPROVED: More default rules added
- IMPROVED: Added Cell Cookbook/Change Root Randomly At Start.wotjascript
- IMPROVED: For better text wrapping in Cells and Templates list “_” chars are on-screen replaced with a space
- IMPROVED: ISE Network Editor Unit pop-up menu 'Delete' and 'Reset' renamed to 'Delete Unit' and 'Clear Network' and these have been added to the Action Menu
Jan 26th 2020: V20.1.5
- FIXED: When using custom User Templates in a mix, all settings are now saved to the mix meaning that the mix will now work correctly even if the templates are no longer present (this is a further improvement on the changes added in 20.1.4); see this FAQ
- FIXED: Potential crash when using a "blob" overlay to indicate UI interaction e.g. for videos (i.e. when Settings > Interaction Colour for Videos was set to a colour)
- IMPROVED: Text now wraps on spaces in file names (in Document screen) and in Template names (in Content Cells)
- FIXED (macOS): Incorrect font could be displayed in tab bars in Document screen or pop-up messsages
- CHANGED (Windows/Android Free versions): Links in any Store buttons now go to the relevant store listing for Wotja Pro 20.
- INCLUDED (Windows versions): All relevant fixes/changes from the V20.1.0 to 20.1.4 updates that were not previously released
Jan 22nd 2020: V20.1.4
- FIXED: Allow mixes to work where a Cell's underlying Template has been deleted or is no longer available (for example, a user saved Template [.noatikl file]); All Cells include all Template data, edited/amended as relevant, and Cells with missing Templates no longer appear as empty or display a Red bar but instead the Cell Info File Path field has ” (MISSING)” appended to the end; NB: Cells with missing WAV/MIDI files still display a Red bar
- IMPROVED: Display of text for Mix content cells and IME Voice cells where the text was always single line and was scaled to fit (and so could be unreadable) is now multi-line, word-wrapped on spaces, centered and scaled to fit
- IMPROVED: Display of text on small screens better as the IME parameter group name is now multiline so the whole name is visible, and Synth/MIDI/FX cells have better text sizing
- IMPROVED: File Path display in Cell Info:
- Always shows full file path, rather than just "-" for files without "parent" folder
- If the file path has a complex parent path that we think represents e.g. the iCloud folder or the Wotja Folder, then we replace all of that with "[Wotja]/"
- If the app thinks the content is from a Pak, it prefixes the path with "[Pak]/"
- CHANGED: Documentation link #player-box changed to #player-playlist
- INCLUDED (Windows/Google Play: All relevant fixes/changes from the V20.1.3 update that was not released
Jan 18th 2020: V20.1.3
- FIXED: Potential crash when the Record button was pressed and you entered Recordings screen with mix still playing (sorry, this bug was introduced in the last update)
- IMPROVED: Some things in Intermorphic Wotja Script (IWS) have been renamed:
- In Scripts you should now use the "Generator" object type name rather than the previous "Voice" nomenclature (though "Voice" is still supported)
- The following changes are auto-applied to any old scripts:
- Replace "Voice" with "Generator" in scripts
- Replace "Piece" with "Cell" in scripts
- Renamed imeVoiceEnvelopePercentGet > imeGeneratorEnvelopePercentGet
- Renamed imeVoiceEnvelopePercentSet > imeGeneratorEnvelopePercentSet
- Renamed imeVoiceMIDIChannelGet > imeGeneratorMIDIChannelGet
- Renamed imePieceElapsedPercentGet > imeMixElapsedPercentGet
- Renamed onImeVoiceComposed > onImeGeneratorComposed
- Renamed onImeVoiceUserController > onImeGeneratorUserController
- IMPROVED: Other IWS related changes:
- Renamed "Voice" button to "Generator" - shown when panel not embedded
- Renamed "Generative Piece Rules" button to "Generative Cell Rules"
- Renamed "Piece Script" to "Cell Script" in Cell Parameters
- Renamed "Voice Script" screen to "Generator Script"
- Renamed "Piece Script" screen to "Cell Script"
- FIXED: Script references to the "Next Note Rule" object type name now work correctly
Jan 15th 2020: V20.1.1
- IMPROVED (iOS update only): When a mix is opened it sets the Ableton Link tempo to the tempo in that mix.
Jan 13th 2020: V20.1.0
- NEW (iOS versions): Added support for 'Ableton Link' (experimental) which allows Wotja to use Link Start/Stop etc. and works with integer tempos (tempo changes only work for open mixes)
- FIXED (Android versions): Use of non-Ascii characters in text fields would cause a crash
- FIXED (All versions): Documentation links in Flow and Box players
- IMPROVED (free versions): In the free versions (and when there is no active 'Pro S' subscription, as available) the Dice button in Mix panel/ISE Network editor and the RS save buttons are greyed
- IMPROVED (free versions iOS/macOS): A number of menu items are now appended with "Requires IAP" when there is no active 'Pro S' subscription
Jan 4th 2020: V20.0.2
- NEW (Wotja Pro 20): Album segment is now available in Wotja Pro 20
- NEW: Settings toggle "Templates: Auto-Change Patterns" (Default is ON) for those who specifically want to use *their own* B/F melodic patterns in templates but *not* have them be randomised when the template is added to a mix (we strongly recommmend to leave this ON unless you have a specialist requirement)
- FIXED (Wotja Pro 20): Auto-timeout in the Wotja Pro 20 TV App removed (should not have been there)
- FIXED (iOS/macOS free versions): C0/C1 Subscriptions - LU button/screen text now the correct way round
- FIXED: Sleep Timer button status now updating correctly
- FIXED: R patterns were incorrectly randomized when adding templates
- FIXED: IME User Guide link
- IMPROVED: Pattern randomization when adding templates to a mix
- Also see all the new goodness that came with release V20.0.0!
Jan 1st 2020: V20.0.0 - New Major Release
- Simplified App Range: There are now only 2 Wotja apps per platform:
- Wotja Pro 20 - a 'paid-for' app with a 'Pro 20' Feature Set
- Wotja - a FREE app with a 'Lite' Feature Set
- A 'Pro S' Feature Set can be unlocked in the iOS/macOS versions via In-App Subscription
- New iOS App Inclusions: The above apps for iOS now include the relevant Wotja app for Apple Watch (see below)
- New TV App Inclusions: The above apps now include the relevant Wotja app for and Apple TV/Android TV
- New Pricing: At launch the new V20 paid-for versions cost around 1/3 less than our historical Wotja pricing points
- Better Value: Personal Live Use used to be a $3.99/month Subscription but is NOW FREE
- Better Business Model: Commercial Live Use is now licensed via the C0 / C1 / C2 / C3 Subscription tiers; as before, these easy to cancel Subscriptions can also be used as a 'tip jar' mechanism (for those that wish to!)
New Features / Capabilities
- New IME 20 Feature: The V20 Wotja 'Pro' Feature Sets ('Pro S' and 'Pro 20') have no auto-timeout, this being a MAJOR change from V19 with its 8 hour auto-timeout; it means that Wotja with a 'Pro' Feature Set will now play either until you stop it or until a sleep timer kicks in - making it ideal as a background music generator for Personal or Commercial Live Use (see Better Value & Better Business Model above)
- New IME 20 Feature: A new Text-to-Music (TTM) 'Generator Type' makes it much easier to use TTM (it used to be a subset of the Patterns Type)
- New IME 20 Feature: 'Cut-up Rule' parameter for TTM Generator with values of: Custom … (as current behaviour), Cut-Up: Line# = Track# (used in new automatic mixes), Cut-up: All lines, Cut-Up: Line# 1, Cut-Up: Line# 2 etc.
- New IME 20 Feature: 'Cut-up Rule' parameter allows the text used for TTM to be linked to the (line numbered) cut-up in the Cup-Up screen, making TTM much easier to use - one tap of the Cut-up Create button can be used to auto-change the TTM text used for multiple TTM generators meaning that you can enjoy TTM without manual text editing (you can still do that!)
- New IME 20 Feature: When an auto mix is created or when any Template is manually added to the mix from the Templates list then any B Patterns in such Templates used in the mix are now randomized with note pitches generated to fit the defined Pitch Range (see the 'Using Templates with Patterns' section in our website Recording Rights & Copyright FAQ)
- New ISE 20 Feature: Changes to 'Random' in LFO and Osc units makes it possible to create much better drones
- New ISE 20 Feature: ISE Network editor Dice button now uses a lucky dip selection from all the built-in presets
- New ITE 20 Feature: New Mix Rule Group "Automatic New Cut-Up" containing new "At Mix Start" and "Change After Seconds" toggles and new slider parameter "Seconds Between" and "Seconds Between Range" making it fast/easy to create a new text cut-up in any screen, also allowing a mix to auto-generate new melodies as it plays
- New ITE 20 Feature: Many new Cut-up rules added to help with the new TTM capability above
- New ITE 20 Feature: Cut-up and Automatic New Cut-up settings are now included in Randomization Schemes
- New Templates: New 'BP20 Drones 1' pak featuring 21 gorgeous drones (some utilize change to Random in LFO units)
- New Sound Presets: New gorgeous Drone Sounds Presets coming from the above pak
- New Randomization Schemes: These take advantage of the new content and capabilities above
- New and Improved: Updates to 'TTM1 Players' and 'TTM1 Players 2' plus new templates added to the latter
- New Apple Watch Apps: We've created all-new Wotja and Wotja Pro 20 companion apps for Apple Watch
- New Sharing Option: "Copy To…" support added in iOS version to allow opening of .wotja files attached to emails
Improvements / Fixes
- Improved: Better looking and more polished UI with many changes focused on improving ease of use
- Improved: Access to Mix recording is now much easier to find having been moved to the bottom tab bar
- Improved: Clearer navigation with a better icon for back to Documents and '< OK' for exit from subscreens
- IME Improved: 'Voices' are now referred to as 'Generators' to better reflect what they are - MIDI note generators
- Improved: File sorting options for the User segment of the Documents screen
- Improved: Action Menu options in the Template screen making to make it easier to select/deselect paks and templates
- Improved: Access to Settings from the ISE Network Editor
- Improved: Alphabetical sorting for Saved Files in Template list
- Improved: Sleep timer can now also be used with mixes
- Improved: Punctuation in cut-up
- Improved: When a new automatic mix is created a random icon is generated for it
- Improved: Default Text rule string for new mixes changed to "2 2 2" (was: "2 2 0 1"), this being better for some TTM mixes
- Improved: Fixed layout issues in landscape for 'notched' iPhones
- Improved: New Settings toggle "Always Show Full Screen Top Panel" to more easily see the Toolbar in Flow & Box Players
- Improved: Settings > Tuning Mode is turned off when Wotja is restarted to prevent it being left on inadvertently
- Improved: Removed the Album title text displaying in mixes for the included Albums (looks nicer now)
- Improved: Updated app icons!
- ISE Changed: ISE LFO unit behaviour when "Random Levels?" was selected used to emit control-rate white noise; it now it emits at a random level (within the specified -Min to +Max range) and which changes at LFO Frequency rate, or at BPM sync rate if that is set (i.e. one complete cycle)
- ISE Fixed: Various bugs in the ISE LFO unit "Random Levels?" implementation including where the min/max levels for a random waveform weren’t used properly and the phase didn't reset when the mix was restarted
- ISE Fixed: Where ISE LFO unit LFO Type was set to "Note On Random", the min/max levels weren't used properly (this fix now properly allows IME note creation to affect random changes in the ISE, great for drones etc.)
- ISE Fixed: One ISE LFO unit can now be used to modulate the frequency of a second LFO that is operating in "random level" mode
- ISE Fixed: Directly edited ISE slider values were not always saved correctly
- Changed: Playlists, boxes and albums can now only include .wotja files
- Fixed: Changing pan slider in the volume/pan screen wrongly used the volume envelope slider value
- Fixed: Changing the vol/pan envelope didn't automatically update the slider in the volume/pan screen
- Fixed: Many other bug fixes