Note: You can use almost all Wotja features for FREE before choosing to get a subscription for it.
We adopted a subscription model for Wotja 4 for a number of important reasons. See this forum post if you want to know more about these then.
If you don't like subscriptions or their benefits (see below) then check out Wotja Pro 17, a non-subscription version of Wotja.
What is an in-app subscription?
An in-app subscription is just a mechanism that lets you pay to access certain features in an app for a set period of time.
We now use them in Wotja because they will help us fund our continued development of the app over an extended period of time.
What are the benefits?
Subscriptions are not the bad thing some people might claim or fear they are, especially when used by a bone-fide developer that creates high quality paid for software that does not treat you as the product. They are a win-win for both customer and developer.
Some of their benefits are as follows:
- They let us spend more time working for our existing customers rather than spending that time in trying to find new ones.
- They save you money over the course of a year compared to the price of the non-subscription version.
- They help you with cash flow as they split the annual cost into a number of smaller payments during the year (we use a 6 monthly subscription period).
- They make it cheaper to try a fully featured version than to purchase it outright - if you don't like the app and/or stop wanting to use it then simply cancel your subscription any time up to 24 hours prior to renewal.
- They mean that during your subscription period you should continue to see improvements and new features that we would previously have had to hold back to charge for in another new paid-for version of the app.
- They keep us on our toes as you can cancel at any time.
What are "auto-renewing" in-app subscriptions?
These are just subscriptions that will auto-renew when they expire without the need for you to set up a purchase all over again. They are convenient because, for something you love and use regularly (hopefully Wotja!), you do not need to make a new purchase each time the subscription ends. Your creative relaxation is uninterrupted. They are very easy to cancel though, see below.
Is it easy to cancel my Wotja subscription?
Yes, it is very easy to cancel your subscription and you can do so at any time up to 24hrs before it renews. You may even decide to cancel it just after you purchased it - that is your choice.
What happens if I cancel my Wotja subscription?
All that happens is that at the end of the subscription period Wotja will revert to FREE operation, i.e. the feature set and capabilities you can user for free. If or when you decide you would like to start a new subscription you can do so at any time.
How do I cancel my Wotja subscription?
Apple provides detailed information on managing subscriptions. Please refer to : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
- Go to the Wotja Store and press the "Manage Subscriptions" button (it is shown in the area marked as "Miscellaneous".
- You then see the Wotja subscription page and you can see what level of subscription you have.
- Press the "Cancel Subscription" button.
- Press the "Confirm" button in the pop up.
- Your subscription will no longer auto-renew.
- At the end of the subscription period Wotja will simply revert to FREE operation.
How are the Wotja subscription prices decided?
It is up to the developer to set the prices for the subscription options and they will balance many factors (it is ultimately a cost/return equation). If prices are too high then the IAPs are not purchased; if too low the app will eventually be abandoned and die because the costs are too high or returns too low to justify continuing to maintain / develop it.
Getting that balance right is an art, not a science. Because of that we may need to adjust our subscription prices over time.
How does Wotja subscription pricing stack up?
Prices have fluctuated over the years, but you may have purchased Noatikl 3 for iOS ($12.99), Mixtikl 7 for iOS ($7.99), Liptikl 2 for iOS ($4.99), Wotja 3 for iOS ($3.99, but no longer available) and the 2 Albums in Tiklbox for iOS ($1.99 each). Had you done that it would have cost you around $34 USD (or equivalent in iTunes pricing). If you had got some of those via one of the latest bundles we did (which offered 15% discount on bundle purchases of paid apps) then it could have cost you around $29 USD.
A 6-month subscription for Wotja ESSENTIALS is just $4.99 USD. The feature set in this tier is already way more powerful than was in Noatikl 3 for iOS where you had, in effect, access to only 1 cell and there was no track mixing, no content randomisation, no per voice TTM, no support for loops etc. Even if you had purchased your apps at lower prices then ESSENTIALS represents a massive saving on the above and you can use almost all Wotjas features for FREE before choosing to get a subscription for it (see also the feature comparison).
A 6-month subscription for the Wotja PRO tier is presently just $6.99 USD and is like having in one app Mixtikl 8, Noatikl 4, Liptikl 3 and Tiklbox 2 (were we to have developed them), along with all the other new things we are adding.
If you decide not to continue with your subscription then Wotja just reverts to FREE operation.
If you just don't like the Wotja subscriptions?
That's OK; we have now released Wotja Pro 2017, a one off purchase version of Wotja with PRO tier capability. It will be updated in tandem with Wotja during 2017. For further updates after that purchase the next year's version or get the subscription version and purchase the IAP that is right for you.
What about a transition Bundle?
Sorry, but the iOS "Wotja Pro 2017 Transition Bundle" that was available for a limited time has now been withdrawn. There are no bundles available at the present time.
We hope the above info helps
We want you to be clear as to what subscriptions are and why we now use them in Wotja. If you purchase a subscription to Wotja then you get our eternal gratitude and you will know that you have encouraged us to continue development of our generative music tools. Thank you!