Last modified: 21st September 2020
Just Looking Privacy Notice
Details of the technical personal data that we process if you use our website is below:
- We generate log files from various servers when you visit our website: this will include an IP address assigned to you or, more likely, to someone who provides you with Internet access.
- Our website, like many others, uses Google Analytics, a web analytics tool provided by Google, to collect information about how visitors use our site. This tool generates the google-analytics.com cookie/tracker. We use the Google Analytics information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Google can provide more details about their cookies.
- Web pages that use embedded YouTube, Facebook and Twitter widgets generate cookies/trackers for doubleclick.net, facebook.com/facebook.net and twitter.com respectively.
Using your information
We automatically collect information to maintain and improve our services and functionality on our website. We measure visitors to our website using tools such as Google Analytics. These tools use analytical cookies to record what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about your computer. All of that information is anonymous – so we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our site.
The information we collect from analytics helps us understand what parts of our sites are doing well, how people arrive at our site and so on. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better.
If you are reporting issues with the functionality of our website, we will generally collect your name, and contact details, and other information necessary to investigate the problem and advise of the outcome.
Transfers of your data
We only transfer data outside of the EEA if it is to a country or organisation that is deemed by the EU to have adequate protection of data.
We also have a small number of companies providing services to us. These are our processors and we have confirmed that they all meet the requirements of the GDPR.
When we process your data you have rights as a data subject. The relevant rights are:
- Request a copy of your personal data and information about our processing of it
- Request that we delete information on you if we do not need to hold it
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please just contact us on .
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing with a supervisory authority — in the UK that is the ICO whose details are here: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/postal-addresses/
If you want to talk to us about this, the person in charge of Data Protection is Tim Cole. You can reach him at .