January 30th 2020, UK: Intermorphic Ltd announces Wotja 21, the latest major version of the Wotja Generative Music Creativity System, a creator, lab, mixer & player for devices ranging from phones and tablet, to desktop PC and TVs.
The V21 product cycle will see many new features and capabilities being added and highlights so far include: support for both Text to Speech (TTS) and AirPlay 2; new Text & Display Properties and parameters; Full screen with camera background; dynamic audio device switching; a simplified business model with better pricing.
Tim Cole & Pete Cole, the Intermorphic founders and brother team said “Wotja 21 already represents a major advance over Wotja 20 and we are looking forward to making yet further improvements in the V21 product cycle. We hope to see and hear videos of what you make with it!”.
Wotja is for iOS®, macOS®, Windows®, Android®, tvOS® and Fire OS® and with a companion control app available for watchOS®. Wotja V21.0.0 was released Jan 1st 2021.
Wotja ( "watch-ah" [Siri "Woa-chah"]) is an awesome 'generative music' creativity system - a powerful all-in-one creator, lab, mixer & player. If you enjoy creating, making or even listening to generative music, then it’s for you!
With or without musical knowledge use it to make custom ambient & melodic soundscapes, lush drone mixes, text-to-music, melodies & MIDI for ideas, fun, relaxation, background music, video installations, podcasts, videos, CDs & DVDs etc.
It's perfect for offline music generation as no streaming is required, and Recordings made with a Pro Feature Set can be used for Commercial Use.
Wotja Users say: "Essential music app", "Nothing compares", "Masterpiece", "A gem", "Incredible, fantastic, wonderful, inspiring", "Simply the best ambient app ever made!"
- Create, Explore & Experiment: Easily make generative mixes from 100s of editable templates. Optionally explore powerful generative music, adaptive music, text-to-music, sound design, mixing, cut-up, scripting & randomization techniques.
- Play & Relax: With one tap use 'Flow' to auto-generate & play a continuous stream of live mixes - perfect for relaxation, reflection, meditation, sleep & installations. Playlist your own mixes too!
- Experience the 'Now': Being more 'In the Moment' has never been so important. As a live music generator Wotja can help with that - experience many beautiful moments to treasure.
- Share: Distribute your creation by email or as a web-shareable mix, box or URL, or as an audio or MIDI recording.
- It is regularly updated and has got a rich history, being the evolution of SSEYO Koan, Noatikl, Mixtikl, Liptikl & Tiklbox.
- Use Wotja for free: Get the powerful Wotja creator player!
What's New so far in Wotja 21 (V21.4.2)...
See also the V21 release notes.
- Even Simpler (Apple): Wotja Pro 21 is now just one purchase for use on all supported Apple devices (iOS + macOS + tvOS + watchOS (the Apple "Bundle").
- Even Better Value (Apple): The Apple Bundle regular price is 60% less compared to V20 pricing for all Apple apps.
- Even Better Value (Windows): Windows users can save 33% compared to V20 app pricing.
- Even Better Value (All): Our much improved and simplified V21 Business Model permits [with a few EULA exceptions] Commercial use of Recordings with a Pro Feature Set - a Special Options Subscription is no longer required.
- Even Better Value (All): Our much improved and simplified V21 Business Model permits [with a few EULA exceptions] Commercial Live Use ('CLU') of ONE instance of Wotja 21 with a Pro Feature Set - a Special Options Subscription is no longer required for that.
Main New V21 Features / Capabilities
- NEW for ISE: ISE Audio Meter/Scope to make sound design easier the Synth & FX Editor.
- NEW for ISE: ISE Unit "Bypass?" toggles to make sound design easier (e.g. in the MO1 Unit).
- NEW for ISE: "Zero" option in Controller/Junction Scale slider popup menu to make sound design easier.
- NEW (iOS/macOS): Wotja can now play via AirPlay 2 meaning it can play on Apple HomePods.
- NEW (iOS): Wotja is now a "Now Playable" app which also means play can be controlled by Siri, this being useful for hands-free control over playback.
- NEW (All): Dynamic audio device switching - this means a Wotja restart is no longer needed if Audio Sample Rate, Audio Block Size/Audio Block Count (mobile versions only) or Audio Output Device (desktop versions only) settings are changed.
- NEW (iOS/Windows only): "Full Screen with Camera Background" mode selectable in Flow Player Action menu, Playlist Player Action menu and Mix Display Mode Action menu lets you use your camera to provide a live video background for your flow/album/mix.
- NEW (Apple only): Wotja now supports Text to Speech (TTS), requiring iOS 13+, macOS 10.14+, tvOS 14+.
- NEW (Apple only): Wotja now supports ARM silicon (Mac).
- NEW Included Content: More palettes + all now have some transparency.
- New Included Content: Improved Randomisation Schemes (RS).
- New Included Content (Apple Free versions): New Included Albums (T0-T4) can be opened with the relevent active Special Options (SO) Subscription T0-T4. Example: SO:T2 can open T2, T1 and T0 albums. Contents subject to change.
- NEW for Text Mode: Text Properties screen & Text Mode layout improvements.
- NEW for Text Mode: Import Text Sections from clipboard.
- NEW for Text Mode: Cut-up Mode: Edit Text (no cut-up).
- NEW for Display Mode/Visuals: Display Properties screen & Display Mode layout improvements.
- NEW for Display Mode/Visuals: Use SVG in mixes.
- NEW for Display Mode/Visuals: Lattice visualizer.
- NEW for Randomisation Schemes (RS): New settings (these can be used in Flows and also get saved to mixes): Text to Speech (many options)[relevant only for Apple devices], Text for Source #0, Cut-up Mode, Use Words, Custom Text Rule, Word Mix, Saved Section Text, Saved Text Random Sequence, Visualizer.
- NEW in the Wotja System: Auto-open full screen.
- NEW in the Wotja System: ISE Output volume.
- MORE: Many more improvements - see the release history.
Wotja 21: Further Information
... END ...
Intermorphic Ltd was co-founded in 2007 by Tim Cole and Pete Cole. It develops music creativity & relaxation ("creative relaxation") apps that use generative, text-to-music & cut-up techniques. The Cole brothers ("the Coles") have a history in music software innovation: they co-founded SSEYO in 1990 and from then to 2001 they created and worked on the BAFTA Award-winning "SSEYO Koan Interactivity Platform" which included the "Generative Music" engine used by Brian Eno for his seminal 1996 "Generative Music 1". SSEYO Koan software was available for Windows, Mac and Windows Mobile and in a range of variants from Standalone to Audio Plugin to Web Browser Plugin. Following Tao Group's acquisition of SSEYO in 2001, the Coles created the intent Sound System (iSS) and BAFTA Award-winning "SSEYO miniMIXA", one of the world's first mobile music mixers. In 2007 it released both "Noatikl: Generative Music Composer" (the evolution to SSEYO Koan) and "Liptikl: Cut-Up Text Writer". In Q2 2008 Intermorphic secured the IP rights to the iSS and SSEYO software and in December 2008 released "Mixtikl: Generative Music Mixer" followed in 2012 by "Tiklbox: Generative Music Player". After many years of updates to the forgoing apps and after much deliberation on the next step forward for Generative Music, the Coles decided that it was "Reflective Music". And so in 2014 along came the first of the "Wotja® : Generative Music System" releases. By 2017 the key authoring capabilities of Noatikl, Mixtikl and Liptikl had been fully consolidated into Wotja for iOS and macOS, including the playlisting of Tiklbox. February 2018 saw the first release of "Wotja X", a cross-platform UI variant that finally allowed Wotja to be available for all of Windows, macOS, iOS and Android. By 2019 this had become the cornerstone of all further Wotja apps, including the Wotja interface for TV launched in June 2019. Since then, Wotja and its music, sound, script and text engines have continued to be extended with many new features and improvements.
Intermorphic, Wotja, Intermorphic Music/Sound/Text/Script Engine, Wotja Pak, Noatikl, Mixtikl, Liptikl, Partikl, Tiklbox, Tiklpak, Tikltech and their corresponding logos are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Intermorphic Ltd. in the UK and/or other countries. Other products mentioned may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies and are the sole property of their respective manufacturers.
WOTJA (Wordmark) registered trademark nos: EU 012329199, US 4702614.
(Logo) registered trademark nos: EU 017082496, US 5511542.