January 20th 2020, UK: Intermorphic Ltd announces Wotja V20, the latest major version of the Wotja Generative Music Creator, Lab & Player System for devices ranging from phones and tablet, to desktop PC and TVs.
Wotja V20 ( "watch-ah" [Siri "Woa-chah"]) is an awesome 'generative music' creator/composer, mixer, lab & player system.
It is regularly updated and has got a rich history, being the evolution of SSEYO Koan, Noatikl, Mixtikl, Liptikl & Tiklbox.
Use it to generate royalty-free background music, ambient & melodic soundscapes, lush drone mixes, reflective text-to-music, MIDI & ideas e.g. for personal enjoyment or for use in videos, podcasts & presentations, on CDs & DVDs etc. as well as in live installations.
Wotja Users say: "Essential music app", "Nothing compares", "Masterpiece", "A gem", "Incredible, fantastic, wonderful, inspiring", "Simply the best ambient app ever made!"
- Create, Explore & Experiment: Easily make generative mixes from 100s of editable templates. Optionally explore powerful generative music, adaptive music, text-to-music, sound design, mixing, cut-up, scripting & randomization techniques.
- Play & Relax: With one tap use 'Flow' to auto-generate & play a continuous stream of live mixes - perfect for relaxation, reflection, meditation, sleep & installations. Playlist your own mixes too!
- Experience the 'Now': Being more 'In the Moment' has never been so important. As a live music generator Wotja can help with that - experience many beautiful moments to treasure.
- Share: Distribute your creation by email or as a web-shareable mix, box or URL, or as a video, audio or MIDI recording.
- Business Use: Easy licensing for Commercial Use by businesses.
- Use Wotja for free: Get the powerful Wotja creator player!
Tim Cole & Pete Cole, the Intermorphic founders and brother team said “Wotja V20 already represents a major advance over Wotja V19 and we are looking forward to making yet further improvements in the V20 product cycle. We hope to see and hear videos of what you make with it!”.
Wotja is for iOS®, macOS®, Windows®, Android®, tvOS® and Fire OS® and with a companion control app available for watchOS®. Wotja V20.0.0 was released Jan 1st 2020 (with final update of 20.12.7).
What's New in Wotja V20...
- Simplified App Range: 2 apps per OS - "Wotja" (Free) / "Wotja Pro 20" (Paid-for) - see Feature Sets
- New iOS App Inclusions: The above apps for iOS now include the relevant Wotja app for Apple Watch (see below)
- New TV App Inclusions: The above apps now include the relevant Wotja app for and Apple TV/Android TV
- Better Value: Personal Live Use used to be a $3.99/month Subscription but is NOW FREE
- Better Business Model: Commercial 'Live Use' and Commercial use of Recordings by businesses are both now licensed via "Special Options (SO)" Subscription tiers i.e. T0 / T1 / T2 / T3 / T4 (see the In-App Store); as before, these easy to cancel Subscriptions can also be used by 'Super-fans' who would like to give a tip jar donation
- "Dual" Subscriptions: Subscriptions in Wotja are now common to both iOS and macOS versions - get Pro or Play on one, unlock that on both!
New Features / Capabilities
- New Wotja 20 Feature: Mix level Rules have been added so that all Cells can now use common Rules making it easy to change a mix in real-time (V20.7.0)
- New Wotja 20 Feature: 30 new 'Standard Rule Value' Scale Rules included (e.g. Chord Major 7th, Chord Suspended 4th etc.) to make it easy to change a mix in real-time (V20.7.0)
- New Wotja 20 Feature: 'Lite' Mode now allows 1 hour play of the Default Flow and of 1 Included Album (V20.7.0)
- New IWS 20 Feature: Added support for many new functions (V20.7.0)
- New Wotja 20 Feature: Graphical Pattern Editor (V20.4.1)
- New Wotja 20 Feature: Under-the-hood support for application/vnd.koan MIME Type makes it easy to play & share Wotja mix files when the .wotja file extension is changed to .skd (V20.2.1)
- New Wotja 20 Feature (iOS): Support for Ableton Link (V20.1.0)
- New IME 20 Feature: The V20 Wotja 'Pro' Feature Sets has no auto-timeout, this being a MAJOR change from V19 with its 8 hour auto-timeout; it means that Wotja with a 'Pro' Feature Set will now play either until you stop it or until a sleep timer kicks in - making it ideal as a background music generator for Personal or Commercial Live Use (see Better Value & Better Business Model above)
- New IME 20 Feature: A new Text-to-Music (TTM) 'Generator Type' makes it much easier to use TTM (it used to be a subset of the Patterns Type)
- New IME 20 Feature: 'Cut-up Rule' parameter for TTM Generator with values of: Custom … (as current behaviour), Cut-Up: Line# = Track# (used in new automatic mixes), Cut-up: All lines, Cut-Up: Line# 1, Cut-Up: Line# 2 etc.
- New IME 20 Feature: 'Cut-up Rule' parameter allows the text used for TTM to be linked to the (line numbered) cut-up in the Cup-Up screen, making TTM much easier to use - one tap of the Cut-up Create button can be used to auto-change the TTM text used for multiple TTM generators meaning that you can enjoy TTM without manual text editing (you can still do that!)
- New IME 20 Feature: When an auto mix is created or when any Template is manually added to the mix from the Templates list then any B Patterns in such Templates used in the mix are now randomized with note pitches generated to fit the defined Pitch Range (see the 'Using Templates with Patterns' section in our website Recording Rights & Copyright FAQ)
- New ISE 20 Feature: Changes to 'Random' in LFO and Osc units makes it possible to create much better drones
- New ISE 20 Feature: ISE Network editor Dice button now uses a lucky dip selection from all the built-in presets
- New ITE 20 Feature: New Mix Rule Group "Automatic New Cut-Up" containing new "At Mix Start" and "Change After Seconds" toggles and new slider parameter "Seconds Between" and "Seconds Between Range" making it fast/easy to create a new text cut-up in any screen, also allowing a mix to auto-generate new melodies as it plays
- New ITE 20 Feature: Many new Cut-up rules added to help with the new TTM capability above
- New ITE 20 Feature: Cut-up and Automatic New Cut-up settings are now included in Randomization Schemes
- New Wotja 20 Feature: MIDI Setting toggles to enable/disable MIDI Start/Stop Events ('Send Start/Stop Events') and enable/disable MIDI Controller Events ('Send Controller Events')
- New Wotja 20 Feature: Full Screen display (20.3.5)
- New Wotja 20 Feature: "Text Display Duration/Range" and "Display Fade In/Out" Settings to control fade in/out of text (V20.3.0)
- New Wotja 20 Feature: "Use Section Text" checkbox in Mix Rules that allows Wotja to sequentially display text from a mix's Saved Text sections; perfect for mixes where you want to convey meaning to aid reflection e.g. poetry, micro-stories, messages etc. (V20.3.0)
- New Wotja 20 Feature: Support for importing legacy SSEYO Koan SKD files (V20.2.1)
- New Wotja 20 Feature: Video recordings now include animation, text fading and auto-panning - great for sharing
- New Wotja 20 Feature: "Auto Pan Background Image" checkbox in Settings to allow background images to auto-pan when a mix plays (Mix Display tab, Mix Boxes etc.)
- New Wotja 20 Feature: "Full Screen/Full Window" options in Mix/Playlist/Flow players for the simplest lean-back experience but also great for video creators, too
- New Templates: New 'BP20 Drones 1' pak featuring 21 gorgeous drones (some utilize change to Random in LFO units)
- New Sound Presets: New gorgeous Drone Sounds Presets coming from the above pak
- New Randomization Schemes: These take advantage of the new content and capabilities above
- New and Improved: Updates to 'TTM1 Players' and 'TTM1 Players 2' plus new templates added to the latter
- New Apple Watch Apps: We've created all-new Wotja and Wotja Pro 20 companion apps for Apple Watch
- New Sharing Option: "Copy To…" support added in iOS version to allow opening of .wotja files attached to emails
Wotja: Further Information
... END ...
Intermorphic Ltd was co-founded in 2007 by Tim Cole and Pete Cole. It develops music creativity & relaxation ("creative relaxation") apps that use generative, text-to-music & cut-up techniques. The Cole brothers ("the Coles") have a history in music software innovation: they co-founded SSEYO in 1990 and from then to 2001 they created and worked on the BAFTA Award-winning "SSEYO Koan Interactivity Platform" which included the "Generative Music" engine used by Brian Eno for his seminal 1996 "Generative Music 1". SSEYO Koan software was available for Windows, Mac and Windows Mobile and in a range of variants from Standalone to Audio Plugin to Web Browser Plugin. Following Tao Group's acquisition of SSEYO in 2001, the Coles created the intent Sound System (iSS) and BAFTA Award-winning "SSEYO miniMIXA", one of the world's first mobile music mixers. In 2007 it released both "Noatikl: Generative Music Composer" (the evolution to SSEYO Koan) and "Liptikl: Cut-Up Text Writer". In Q2 2008 Intermorphic secured the IP rights to the iSS and SSEYO software and in December 2008 released "Mixtikl: Generative Music Mixer" followed in 2012 by "Tiklbox: Generative Music Player". After many years of updates to the forgoing apps and after much deliberation on the next step forward for Generative Music, the Coles decided that it was "Reflective Music". And so in 2014 along came the first of the releases of the "Wotja®: Generative Music System", an all-in-one 'Creator, Mixer, Lab & Player'. By 2017 the key authoring capabilities of Noatikl, Mixtikl and Liptikl had been fully consolidated into Wotja for iOS and macOS, including the playlisting of Tiklbox. February 2018 saw the first release of "Wotja X", a cross-platform UI variant that finally allowed Wotja to be available for all of Windows, macOS, iOS and Android. By 2019 this had become the cornerstone of all further Wotja apps, including the Wotja interface for TV. In 2021 Wotja for iOS/macOS became a single App ID and an AUv3 Audio Unit Plug-in was added, as well as support for Apple silicon. Ever since its first release Wotja and its IME (Music), ISE (Sound), IWS (Script) and ITE (Text) engines have continued to be extended with many new features and improvements.
Intermorphic, Wotja, Intermorphic Music/Sound/Text/Script Engine, Wotja Pak, Noatikl, Mixtikl, Liptikl, Partikl, Tiklbox, Tiklpak, Tikltech and their corresponding logos are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Intermorphic Ltd. in the UK and/or other countries. Other products mentioned may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies and are the sole property of their respective manufacturers.
WOTJA (Wordmark) registered trademark nos: EU 012329199, US 4702614.
(Logo) registered trademark nos: EU 017082496, US 5511542.